- There is indeed, no need for speed! To train in your optimal training zone, speed is not always best. I have learned that, to stay in 'the zone', I sometimes have to move slower!
- Running in the morning requires more effort than running in the evenings. At night I can run at much greater speed without my heart beat going through the roof.
- When I'm under the weather, my heart rate is much higher than usual during my runs.
- To get into the zone, when I'm on my bike, I have to really push the pedals!
- Listening to music, makes it harder to stay 'in the zone'. Music makes me run too fast.
- I love numbers! I love knowing how fast I went, how many calories I burnt, and how much time during my run I was in the zone. It makes my running results more tangible.
6 Things my heart monitor taught me!
February 07, 2012