But that's something my Inner Coach does nót want to hear. He starts shouting:'You're bored? I'll show you bored!'
So obediently I keep on running.
How to deal with boredom during your run?
Since I read somewhere being bored can lead to brilliant, Einsteinlike ideas, I try to welcome boredom. And sometimes I do come up with some great stuff. But more often I just turn on my iPod and listen to the stories of Country and Western singers.
8 ways to battle boredom
- Welcome boredom as an opportunity to have brilliant ideas
- Use the boredom to solve problems and find answers.
- Listen to an audio book.
- Run with somebody else. Make sure he or she is not boring!
- Take a different running route and get lost. Believe me, you won't feel bored when you're scared for your life or despairing if you'll ever make it home again.
- Listen to music.
- Take a route with lots of dogs running loose. It'll provide you with lots of adrenaline rushes.
- Choose a dirth path full of potholes that could easily lead to a twisted ankle.
How do you deal with Runner's Boredom?