Lots of runners have already signed up for this week's theme. They write about goals like finishing a half marathon in 2 hours, or goals like improving their core strength.
So I started to ponder my goals, and all I got was this great big blank. Turns out, I'm not very goal oriented! So I did some digging around in my mind and soul, and managed to come with some goals after all.
Goals have to be Smart
When you set yourself a goal the trick is to make them smart:
My 5 goals and how they measure up to Smart
- Keep on running (like in the song!) Specific? No. Measurable? Check! Attainable? Check! Realistic? Check! Timely? No.
- Learn to be accept myself for who I am. Specific? No. Measurable? Hell no. Attainable? Hope so! Realistic? Check! Timely? No.
- Make sure my kids find their place in life. Specific? No. Measurable? No. Attainable? Hope so! Realistic? Check. Timely? No.
- Be a good person and make my life count. Specific? No. Measurable? No. Attainable? Yes. Realistic? Yes. Timely? No.
- Do the best I can in generatl. Specific? No. Measurable? No. Attainable? Check. Realistic? Check. Timely? No.
The biggest problem with my goals is that they're not very specific and not at all timely.
But I like them! And surely that counts for something.
Don't miss any of my posts! Get yourself a free subscription, and you'll never have to worry about missing out!