So here are 5 life lessons I learned from running.
- You can do more than you think! If something seems daunting, divided it into babysteps. And start there.
- It's about the journey, not the destination. I'm not a fast runner, or a very good runner for that matter. But that doesn't matter. Because it's about doing it.
- Self discipline is important. It helps you to accomplish things.
- Don't rely too much on your willpower. It's a muscle that tires easily! If you really want to make sure you'll keep on doing something, turn it into a habit!
- Comparing yourself is a surefire recipe for misery! When I compare myself to other runners, I feel bummed out because I'm so slow and never participate in races. And when I compare myself to other mothers I feel like I'm not fun enough, or crafty enough. So just don't compare yourself to others. Be happy with who you are.
What did you running teach you?
Don't miss any of my posts! Get yourself a free subscription, and you'll never have to worry about missing out!