And that still surprises me. Because I never liked sports. In high school I was always chosen last in gym class, because I wasn't any good.
But running somehow struck a chord. It offered me peace of mind, when everything around me was chaotic.
And it's kept me sane during 21 years of motherhood. Which is why I would like to share all the reasons why moms should run!
10 reasons why moms should run
- You teach by example. By running you're showing your children a way to stay healthy and get rid of stress. This is especially good since more and more children struggle with their weight.
- Running means time for you.
- You'll gain in self confidence.
- You'll be healthier.
- You get peace of mind.
- You get rid of superfluous adrenaline and stress. So the next time someone spills their drink you won't go bananas.
- You'll sleep better.
- Your mind wil work better, which always comes in handy when dealing with children who are very creative in finding excuses not to do things. Like cleaning up after themselves.
- You're not only a mom, wife, employee, you're also a Runner!
- Yes, you cán eat that mars bar.
What does running mean to you?