I've wanted one for years, because I always hear parents saying how their kids love playing on the trampoline, and how they never get tired of jumping up and down.
Trampolines are great for runners!
And trampolines are great for runners too. They provide a nice work out! If you want one too, Tesco Direct offers great trampolines in all shapes and sizes.
Why rebounding on a trampoline is good for you:
- Jumping on the trampoline will help develop cardiovascular fitness
- Jumping on the trampoline forces your deep abdominal muscles to get to work.
- Rebounding offers strength training.
- Rebounding conditions your calf and leg muscles.
- Rebounding is gentler on your joints because the trampolines absorbs some of the shock. Rebounding is low impact.
- It's an easy way to do some crosstraining and spend some quality time with the kids : )
How does rebounding compare to running?
'Rebounding burns about 210 calories per 30 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise if you weigh 150 lbs. Jogging burns approximately 105 calories per mile. Jogging at 4 mph produces the same calorie burn rate.' (Source: time.com)
Trampolines motivate kids to get some exercise too
As a mom I'm very much aware of the need for physical movement in order for my kids to stay healthy. So I always worry about how much time they spend behind their computer, Wii, and Nintendo etc.
But when they're playing on the trampoline, I don't have to worry about lack of exertion! Trampolines actually offer me peace of mind!
Only one word of advice:
If you've had several kids, be sure to use the bathroom before you start jumping...
Try it yourself!
If you would like to try this at home, there are lots of free video tutorials on youtube. Here's one I liked:
Do you do crosstraining? And what kind?