As with lots of questions, the answer depends on who you're asking.
For me a good running blog is NOT about race reports. Or superfoods. Or minute by minute reports of a training run.
A good running blog...
- Is about the psychology and philosphy of running.
- Talks about the thoughts runners have during a run.
- Is about how running makes you feel.
- Acknowledges the body and mind connection.
- Recognizes the struggle that running can sometimes be. You know, like those times when you can hardly get yourself out that door.
- Draws parallels between running and other stuff. Like motherhood. Or life.
- Isn't above frivolous concerns like flirty running skirts, and what to do with your hair during a run.
- Has funny stories!
- Has funny pictures.
- Isn't obsessed with pace or PR's.
- Welcomes all runners, including those who always finish last.
- A good running blog is personal.
What are your criteria for a good running blog?