You can snatch it back.
And you want to know how?
Running helps you to regain a feeling of ownership over your own body. You can tell it to run, and it will!
6 ways to run your way through menopause
And there are other ways that running can help getting through menopause easier.
- Because your hormone balance changes during menopause, lots of women gain weight. Especially your waist may turn into a big fat magnet. I know, it sucks big time! Luckily running will help to stabilize your weight.
- Running helps to regulate your hormone balance.
- Again, because of those hormones, bone loss happens more quickly than it can be rebuild. But running helps to strengthen your bones.
- Lots of women have trouble sleeping during menopause. Going for a run before you turn in, may help you sleep better.
- There's some evidence suggesting you'll have less hot flashes after a run. I don't know why. Maybe it's because you get so hot during a run, you don't notice the hot flash anymore?
- Menopause may make you feel a bit weepy and lost. Running is great for your emotional balance.
You have to do strength training too
I'm sorry ladies, but that's the way it is. Going for a run isn't enough. If you're smart you'll do some strength training too.
Because like your bones, your muscles diminish as you grow older. Strength training will help to keep your muscles strong. And muscles help you burn more calories!
What are your experiences with running and menopause?